one of the precious, important and useful essential oils that are used in aromatherapy. The Orange Blossom oil is obtained from the fresh but fragile and delicate flowers or blossoms of the bitter orange tree plant. These blossoms are picked by hand due to their extremely delicate nature. Orange blossom oil has a sweet, spicy and refreshing fragrance and is widely used in the production of different perfumes. It also an important component in many kinds of body oils and massage oils. It is edible and naturally alcohol free and is used as a flavoring ingredient in colas. Orange blossom oil can easily be mixed with other citrus oils such as frankincense, petitgrain, sandalwood, patchouli, lemon, orange, lavender, and vetiver.
What are the healing effects of orange blossom oil? The orange blossom oil or Neroli oil is widely used for the treatment of many diseases. It can be either massaged onto the body or used as an ingredient in different medicines. Some of the healing effects of orange blossom oil on the body and mind of a person are:
- • The aroma of orange blossom oil refreshes the brain, thus increasing inspiration and creative ability.
• It is used for the treatment of insomnia or sleeplessness and helps promote calm, deep sleep.
• This essential oil is very useful in treating hysteria.
• It is used to minimize and prevent depression, stress. and tension.
• When applied on the skin, it helps in regenerating skin cells.
• It is used for toning aged, dry, wrinkled, and sensitive skin.
• It is also used to treat acne or blemished skins.
• Orange blossom oil can be used to normalize the enlarged pores of the skin.
• It is also very effective in treating the symptoms associated with menopause.
• It increases blood circulation to the veins of the body and helps in healing the thread vein scars.
• Orange blossom oil can also be used as a medicine to treat high blood pressure.
• It also helps in relaxing the nervous system.
• Due to its sebum balancing effect, it is used to normalize dry or oily skin conditions and associated problems.
• It is used in bathing soaps as it opens and cleanses the pores of the skin.
• It can be used to treat infectious and inflammatory conditions of the skin.
• Orange blossom oil is also helpful in treat sunburn.
- It is one of the more expensive essential oils.